Thursday, May 12, 2011

What are your stories about?

What stories are you telling in your everyday conversations?

We’ve all got stories we like to tell. Some of us have stories that we will share with everyone we come in contact with. We have stories that everyone around us have heard over and over and over again.

What are those stories about?

I was realizing the other day that I have a tendency to tell stories that make me look good in comparison to other people. Sometimes, probably often, I tell the stories that prove my “right”ness as they measure up to someone else’s wrongness. I’m getting uncomfortable with those stories. I’m tired of justifying my life’s “successes” based on someone else’s “failures”.

I would rather tell stories that make others look good. I would rather boast on the accomplishments of the people around me than criticize their weaknesses. I want to tell stories of how God delivered me from my weaknesses and mistakes.

What are your stories about?

2 comments:

  1. News ('cause I'm a news junkie) or what Jesus has been doing to me ('cause I'm a Jesus junkie). Although, lately, pollen ('cause I have allergies).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice blog dear I like your blog it’s looking so cool according to blog theme. I would like to join your blog again and again. arya samaj mandir gurgaon, arya samaj mandir in noidia

    ReplyDelete